Auto Insurance in South Carolina
Auto insurance policies vary from one state to another. Every driver in South Carolina must carry the required minimums on both bodily injury and uninsured motorist. Did you know to text while driving is prohibited in South Carolina? Distracted driving is a serious problem, and it has contributed to about 3,000 to 5,000 deaths on U.S. roads annually. Whether you are a new driver or an experienced one, it's prudent to stay up-to-date on your state’s auto insurance laws. Auto insurance policy comes into play and helps cover the losses if your vehicle is involved in an accident that results in injuries, fatalities, or property damage.
Sometimes the state-mandated minimum liability requirements are inadequate when you are engaged in a fatal crash. This inadequacy calls for the purchase of other additional coverages to salvage you from paying thousands of dollars out-of-pocket when the minimum liability is exhausted. According to the Insurance Research Council, studies demonstrate that 9% of South Carolina drivers have no insurance.
As a South Carolina resident, it's imperative to understand the common types of coverages available on your car insurance policy. Various types of auto insurance coverages available are designed to protect you, your passengers, and your vehicle in the event you are involved in a car accident. Visit us today at Higgins & Halloran offices in Columbia, SC, and get the protection you need and the peace of mind you deserve.
What are the benefits of auto insurance coverage in South Carolina?
- It minimizes the number of potential lawsuits: After obtaining your car insurance policy, you are shielded from accidents, regardless of whether you are deemed liable.
- It inculcates peace of mind: It gives a sense of security by being reassured that you are fully protected in case of any eventuality, thus salvaging your out-of-pocket.
- Supplement your health insurance: Auto insurance policy can help you cater to medical expenses such as dental work and medical treatment that are not under health insurance.
- Save time and hassle: With a proper policy, you can refrain from engaging in a negotiation tussle with the property owner or other drivers after an accident and even managing the cost of repair or replacing your vehicle.
- Protecting yourself and others: Getting appropriate auto insurance protects you, your family, and passengers if an accident happens. It caters to property or bodily injury costs that may occur unexpectedly.
When you undertake a driving adventure with spectacular coverage, you hit the road with peace of mind and confidence. Call or visit us at Higgins & Halloran offices in Columbia, SC, and we will help you remain covered, regardless of the road you are taking.