Classic Car Insurance in South Carolina
If you own a classic car, or you're thinking about buying one, you'll want to insure it appropriately. Standard car insurance probably won't be adequate to protect that car against damage or loss. There's no insurance industry standard on what a classic car might or might not be, but if your car's value exceeds its original selling price, you might have a classic car. No matter where you live in South Carolina, speak with us at Higgins & Halloran in Columbia, SC. We know our classic cars.
Some Examples of Higgins & Halloran Classic Cars
We've insured many classic cars over the years that we've been in business in South Carolina. Here are a few examples of what might be called classic cars:
- Antique cars and trucks 50 years old or older.
- Muscle cars made between 1960 and 1975.
- Customized and modified hot rods.
- Older exotic luxury cars.
Qualifying for Classic Car Coverage
As there's no standard definition of what a classic car is, insurance companies evaluate different criteria for classic car insurance. Here are some of the factors that they consider:
- Use Must Be Limited: A classic car owner can't be driving that car to and from work or to drop the kids off at school. There are likely to be mileage restrictions and a requirement of showing proof that the car is kept in a suitable and safe garage.
- Car Shows and Events: Some insurers even prohibit taking your classic car to a show or event and parking it. Special coverage might be needed for this purpose.
- How's Your Driving Record? Like conventional car insurance, your premiums can go up drastically with a bad driving record, regardless of any limitations on the use of your classic car.
Talk to an Agent at Higgins & Halloran
Contact us at Higgins & Halloran in Columbia, SC about insuring your pride and joy. As opposed to most cars, your classic isn't likely to depreciate. It's likely to increase in value. Protect it like the investment that it is.